Deleting Accounts and GDPR (M2)
Help get your website in compliance with the new General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR). Give you and your customers, guest checkout customers, and newsletter subscribers an easy way to initiate and handle "right to be forgotten" requests.
- Adds a secure area to your website for customers to initiate an account deletion request and also avlink and form for guest checkout customers to request their data is deleted.
- Allows administrators to easily view and approve / reject deletion requests
- Maintains order records so you can still audit and report on your historical sales
- Customise how order and customer data is anonymised
- Includes email notifications to verify requests and send confirmations regarding processing
As of May 25, any company that processes or stores personal data for any resident of the European Union must comply with GDPR – don’t get caught out!
The EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is the most significant change in European data privacy regulation in 20 years. If you have any customers or visitors that reside in the European Union, don’t ignore this new law – it applies to you too!
Included in the regulations is the right for individuals to request that the data you hold for them be deleted (‘right to be forgotten’).
Key Features of our Module:
- Customer account deletion by request and approval
- Guest checkout order information deletion by request and approval
- Newsletter subscribers eletion by request and approval
- Easy to administer request approval process
- Maintain anonymous order history for auditing and accounting purposes
Important Note: our module does NOT bring your website into GDPR compliance. This module is only one step on your road to compliance. Please visit the official GDPR website for further requirements and assistance.
Version 1.0.3 - Jun 18, 2018
- New: Registered user can undo deletion request before admin approval.
- New: Registered user can export personal data.
Version 1.0.2 - May 10, 2018
- New: Now anonymizes custom customer attributes.
- Minor fixes and improvements.
- New: Guest order customers request form and links.
- New: Verification email with link to confirm deletion requests.
- New: Admin approval process for account deletion request.
- New: Final confirmation email to notify requestees regarding request result.
- Minor fixes and improvements.
Version 1.0.0 - Apr 24, 2018
- New: Registered user account anonymiser form.
- New: Anonymize customer sales details.
- New: Ability to set custom text for anonymiser.
|Frequently Asked Questions||
What is your license policy?
On how many websites can I use Bright Owl extensions?
How can I pay for Bright Owl paid extensions?
Can I test a Bright Owl extension on a staging site before transferring it to a live one?
Can I get a refund if an extension doesn’t suit me?
Installing Magento 1 Extensions
Bright Owl modules are easy to install. All you need is to have FTP/SSH access details, and follow the following three steps:
If you are using code compilation on your website, before installing our extensions you should disable compilation. After installing, press the "Run Compilation Process" button in Admin - System - Tools - Compilation to recompile your website's code.